Editor's Vids

Rehman Malik resigns from Senate

        
July 10, 2012 - Updated 1246 PKT - THE NEWS INTERNATIONAL 
 

KARACHI: Adviser to the Prime Minister on Interior Rehman Malik Tuesday said he has tendered resignation from Senate membership.

“I wanted to quit as advisor too but was stopped by Prime Minister,” he told media. “I resigned from Senate to express solidarity with the overseas Pakistanis, however, my offer to tender resignation as advisor on interior has been rejected'.

“Media can verify my resignation from Senate Chairman,” Malik said adding, “I told the Prime Minister that I want to tender resignation from adviser’s office but he advised me to continue.”

Malik told that he would act according to the leadership’s advice in future.

To a question, Rahman Malik said he tendered resignation to the Senate Chairman on Monday. “Now, nobody should suspect that Dual Citizenship is being presented just to benefit me.

He thanked MQM chief Altaf Hussain for supporting the dual nationality bill.

Malik told that he had applied to surrender his British citizenship in 2008 and also left his business on President Zardari’s advice.

It is pertinent to mention that the Supreme Court has already suspended Rehman Malik’s Senate membership for holding dual nationalities. - 

Related News

1 comments: